1. You’ll be a popular hire in whatever you want to do.
A simple path to your career in back-end development
- Daniel Gerep from Cassia, Brasil
2. It makes you a versatile programmer.
Plus, you can get in on some app action, creating web apps, mobile apps, and desktop apps using React, React Native, and Electron. It’s even a decent contender against the likes of Python for doing machine learning work with TensorFlow.js .
3. It comes pre-installed in your browser.
Get a back-end job without spending $10k on a bootcamp
I was a field service engineer and I wanted to become a backend developer, but work and family limited my options. Since completing the back-end career path on Boot.dev, I now have a job offer in hand and I'm starting my career as a software developer!
- Özgür Yildirim from Germany
4. There are a lot of shortcuts, when you’re ready to take them.
It’s the difference between building a house from scratch, versus coming to a house that already has the blueprints in place and even a few furnishings that can let you build your dream home faster. You’re still doing the work - and you need to understand how those foundations work, or else you’ll run the risk tearing the whole thing down because you don’t know what you’re doing - but it’s simpler to get the house ready.
5. You’ll find a way to learn.
- It’s a multifunctional language.
- It’s easy to get started with.
- There’s a comprehensive set of frameworks and libraries to make your life easier.
- The community is firmly entrenched and stellar.
- It’s a highly sought-after professional skill.
- It can help you learn your next programming language.