Mark your calendar, because we’re hosting another hackathon in the Boot.dev Discord server! The kickoff meeting will be on Thursday, September 1st at 4PM MST, you can RSVP for that event here in our Discord server. Everyone is welcome to participate, in fact, it’s free and we’ll have prizes for all the winners!
All the details regarding how to participate will be given at the kickoff meeting! Just show up in the Discord and you’ll be good to go!
Date and time 🔗
- Kickoff meeting: Thursday September 1st 2022 at 4PM MST.
- Projects due: Friday September 2nd 2022 at 5PM MST.
- Wrap-Up and prizes meeting: Saturday September 3rd 2022 at 11AM MST.
As soon as the kickoff is over, you’ll have 24 hours to build a working project and get it submitted for judging. The judges will have from the deadline until the wrap-up meeting to decide on winners. Make sure you’re at the wrap-up to collect prizes!
The project – A Python 3 application using PokeAPI data 🔗
I’m not going to share too many details yet (because you’re not allowed to start until after the kickoff). Just know that two of the constraints will be:
- The application must be written in Python 3
- The application must somehow make use of PokeAPI data. Make a Pokemon app!
We’ll have two categories of participants.
- Those who have been programming for less than a year
- Those who have been programming for more than a year
There will be 3 winners and 1 “1st place” winner from each category.
- First place winners will get a $50 gift card! This will likely be to Amazon, Apple, Visa, etc. We’ll do what’s most convenient for you.
- The top 3 will all win a copy of “Automate the Boring Stuff” - a fantastic Python book
In addition, everyone who participates will earn 1000XP in the Boot.dev app, and get a coupon code for 25% off of a membership.
Winners Announced! 🔗
Senior Category (>1 years of coding) 🔗
Junior Category (<1 years of coding) 🔗
- Original Pokemon Artwork by Oscar-Sherelis
- Pokemon Image by KR411-prog
- Height and Weight PokeSearch by Raimusha