I hope you’ve enjoyed your pumpkin spice lattes this fall, that is, assuming that you’re basic like me. The meme about programmers and their coffee will never be cliche right? Hope you enjoy this month’s issue.
All the best, Lane
What we’ve done this month 🔗
1. Learn Docker course released 🔗
This course is a bit different. It’s packed with text-based walkthroughs as well as videos, and you’ll complete all of the steps on your own machine. After all, Docker isn’t a programming language, but a tool that’s invaluable to back-end and full-stack engineers.
2. New achievements added 🔗
We created new icons for all of our achievements, and we also added 6 new achievements:
- Milestone: Master (480 assignments completed in total)
- Milestone: Grandmaster (960 assignments completed in total)
- Sharpshooter: Master (89 assignments correct in a row)
- Sharpshooter: Grandmaster (144 assignments correct in a row)
- Streak: Master (Complete an exercise weekly for 30 weeks)
- Streak: Grandmaster (Complete an exercise weekly for 52 weeks)
Since we released them 2 weeks ago, we’ve already had students unlocking these prestigious badges!
3. We are now an educational institution on Linkedin 🔗
We’ve been registered as an educational institution on LinkedIn, so you can now add Boot.dev to the “education” section on your LinkedIn profile. Additionally, I love to accept Linkedin connections from students. If you’d like to connect with me, you can do so after you’ve completed at least one course on Boot.dev. Just include a link to your Boot.dev profile in the connection request.
Here’s my (Lane’s) LinkedIn profile. You can follow me, then connect after you’ve completed at least one course.
I was feeling like I needed to learn something new last weekend, so I decided to build a flash card game in Svelte and TypeScript. The purpose of the game is to help you prep for coding interviews by quizzing you on popular technologies.
It’s an open-source project, so feel free to play the game or contribute and add cards to it!
What we’re working on 🔗
- Upgrading the “game” system. We want to re-introduce gems as a way to save your sharpshooter progress and buy boosts.
- The next course we release will probably be “Learn Kubernetes”.
- We want to do a major upgrade of the “Learn Functional Programming” and the “Learn Cryptography” courses.
Get a back-end job without spending $10k on a bootcamp
- Build the professional projects you need to land your first job
- Spend about 6 months (when done part-time)
- Pricing as low as $24/month*
- No risk. Cancel anytime.
Top picks from the interwebs 🔗
By YK (CS Dojo)
By Theo of Ping.gg
By DevOps Paradox
Top plugs 🔗
Learn back-end without spending $10,000
- Build and deploy real backend projects to your personal portfolio
- Compete in the job market by mastering computer science fundamentals